Travel Must-Haves.


Hi everyone! It's been quite a while since my last post, but I'm back with another make-up post! I'm back in Taipei right now, so I thought it would be prudent to share what cosmetics I usually bring with me when I'm going to be out of the country for a certain period of time. Of course, it's a given that I'll be bringing my everyday make-up bag which I made a post about here. But if I'm going to be away from home for more than a couple of days, I like having the items that are almost always part of my usual make-up routine.



Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream in Natural Fair

This is my go-to base for everyday. I'm not a fan of foundation much because I find it to be too heavy on the skin. Before I discovered the wonders of CC Cream, I would use BB Cream from Etude house, but even then it would be too heavy on my skin and caused me to break out a couple of times. Admittedly, my skin is quite clear and doesn't need much coverage so I decided to give CC Cream a try. And from then on, it was love! <3 I love this one from Clinique. It provides light to medium coverage and gives my skin that dewy appearance. It's really easy to apply, the formula being neither too thick or too runny and doesn't streak no matter what I use to apply it with.


Guerlain Meteorites Blanc De Perle

My finishing powder of choice! A lot of people consider this a holy grail item, and honestly, I can see why. It leaves a really nice, smooth yet natural finish on the skin with really fine shimmer that makes your skin glow. Some people are bothered by the shimmer, but personally, I love it. I would bring it around with me everyday if I could, but movement tends to make the pearls break up and crumble and the container is a bit bulky, leaving me no choice but apply it at home before I leave and leave it at home. I'm thinking of finding a nice compact where I can place a couple of pearls in to make it a bit more portable.


Smashbox Full Exposure Palette

This one holds a special place in my heart as it is the first eyeshadow palette that I ever picked out for myself! (Most of my cosmetics are gifts, you see.) You can even somewhat see how beaten up this particular palette is. The wide range of neutrals in both shimmer and matte make it perfect for everyday use or even special occasions.  I really love the matte shadows as they are really buttery and apply perfectly. The shimmer shadows aren't really easy to pack on the lid and tend to fall out, but this is easily remedied by using an eyeshadow primer.


Lancôme Colour Focus Eye Colour Quad in 4Romance

This is a very new addition to my collection – a gift I received from my mother recently. I've only used it twice before, and the pigmentation isn't at all that great and it takes quite a while to build up the color but the shadows are really smooth and feel very light on the skin. Despite the troubles I have with applying it, I brought it along anyway because I love how I can make a subtle smokey eye with it.


Maybelline Colorshow Crayon Kohl in Blue

I am a big fan of colored eyeliner and blue just happens to be my favorite! I don't use it everyday, but there are times when I'm too lazy to put on eyeshadow and I just apply a line of blue liner for a pop of color. Minimal effort, but still gives off the impression that I actually tried to make myself look presentable.


Real Techniques Starter Set and Silicone Eyeliner Brush

It comes with a carrying case! Isn't that reason enough to bring it around? Kidding aside, I put the most effort into applying eyeshadow when I'm doing my make-up, so having this set is a must for me.

From L-R
1. Silicone Eyeliner Brush
2. Accent Brush
3.  Fine Liner Brush
4. Base Shadow Brush
5. Deluxe Crease Brush
The set also came with an Eyebrow brush but I have long since given it to my mom because I don't do my eyebrows. 

The Silicone Eyeliner Brush is sold separately. Though the set comes with an eyeliner brush, I prefer the silicone one when applying gel or liquid liner because it allows for more accuracy and cleaner lines. Also, I find the Fine Liner brush to be a bit too tough and scratchy and is prone to irritating my lids. The other brushes are fantastic though. They apply eyeshadow really well and are really soft.


Bare Minerals Full Flawless Face and Flawless Face Brushes

These two brushes are extremely soft, pick up products really well, and buffs them on the skin wonderfully! I use the Full Flawless Face Brush to apply my Guerlain Meteorites. I've read that not all brushes can pick up the powders from the Meteorites well, but I've never had such a problem with this brush! I also use it sometimes to sweep away eyeshadow fall-out. I use the Flawless Face Brush with my Estee Blush (which I wrote about here). It does wonders at buffing the blush onto my skin! I've mentioned before that the Estee Blush took a while for the pigment to build up, but I've had more success with using this brush than any other brush I tried applying it with before.


Too Cool for School Milky Tint in Red

I always bring around the Milky Tint in Pink and use it more often but there are those times when I feel a bit more daring than usual. During these times, I feel like using this lip tint for a more in-your-face color on my lips. Here's a comparison photo:
Pink on the left. Red on the right.

 I rarely use it by itself– I usually use it with the Pink Tint for gradient lips. (Which I haven't learned to apply properly yet. Boo hoo.)

I would have added my Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner, but it has dried up and become unwieldy so I opted to leave it back home.

And there you have it! A run-down of my travel must-haves! Until next time! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment