1028 Visual Therapy Macaron Eyes Palette


I'm back with a make-up review of sorts. To be quite honest, I'm a bit new to the whole make-up thing. Before the latter half of 2013, the only cosmetic I ever really cared about was eyeliner so I'm not really sure if I could do this review properly, but hey, it might be helpful for all the other make-up noobs like me.

Next to eyeliner, eye shadow is most probably my favourite out of all cosmetics. I can forgo all the other things like base, lips, or cheeks and I would still be perfectly happy. Out of my current collection of eyeshadows, this one is my favourite.


I first heard of 1028 Visual Therapy when it was recommended to me as okay for those with sensitive skin. My skin is really picky and is prone to breaking out with most brands of makeup so I jumped at the chance to try this out. I swatched it a couple of times when I would see it at Watsons while I was in Taipei and lo, no allergic reactions at all! There are no parabens, pthalates, or sulfates! My interest in it only increased when I kept seeing it on a Taiwanese TV show about cosmetics. I decided not to buy it at first, because I still had the Smashbox Full Exposure Palette, but I eventually caved and had my mom buy it for me before she came home.

It's time to play, "Guess Which Shades I Use The Most"! 

The packaging is made of tin, which makes it light, sturdy, and easy to carry around. It also has a small, round mirror which is just the right size when you're applying eyeshadow. The palette comes with six shades all somehow the perfect middle-ground between a satin finish and a shimmery one. (Which is my obnoxious way of saying that it has a satin finish, with really fine shimmer.) Perfect for someone like me who loves shimmer, but doesn't want to overdo it. 


Here are the shadows swatched without primer. As you can see, the colors can be categorized into warm undertones, and pink undertones. The shadows don't come with individual names but I tried to describe the colors (L-R):

1. bright, salted creamy caramel
2. bright, almost-peachy warm bronze 
3. Ivory
4. almost like sienna, with pink undertones
5. pastel pink
6. light mocha with pink undertones

I really love how easy the shadows are to work with. They're easy to apply and blend with just the fingers, which is really handy when you're in a rush. Since the shimmer is so fine, there is minimal fallout – way, way better than the shimmers in my Smashbox Full Exposure Palette. All the shades complement each other, so it's easy to mix and match. The wear time is also amazing! The color stays on with minimal fading for the whole day, even without primer. 

Ever since I started using this palette, I've been sorta kinda ignoring my well-used Smashbox Full Exposure Palette unless I'm in the mood for matte eyeshadow. It's just that wonderful. If I had the money (and I didn't have all the other eyeshadow palettes I have) I'd probably end up buying it's sister palettes, too. 

The Macaron Eyes palette is the third in 1028 Visual Therapy's Eyeshadow line, the first two being Brownie Eyes (which my friend Pauline did a review of in her blog) and Toffee Eyes. I definitely recommend these for people who want to try out Taiwanese Cosmetics. They're available in Watsons Taiwan and Singapore. At 499NTD (around 750Php), they're quite a steal!

0 comments:

Post a Comment