First Post: Inside my make-up bag!

Hello everyone!

This is my first serious endeavour into blogging. (My angsty posts in my LiveJournal account back in high school don't count. Obviously.) I have toyed with the idea of starting a blog for a long time, but I've always put it off in favor of reblogging things on Tumblr and watching strange YouTube videos and not doing any writing AT ALL.

To remedy that, here is my first post: inside my make-up bag~!


I usually do all my make-up before I leave the house, so I tend to not take so much make-up with me. I usually just bring what I consider the bare essentials to touch up but there are those times when I'm in a rush and I don't have the time to put on make-up at home. Before I got into the habit of putting together a make-up bag, I would usually just bring my LancĂ´me Absolu Voyage Palette that I got from my parents, but it was still pretty difficult to use since it had the tendency of getting a bit too messy at times.




1028 Visual Therapy Macaron Eye Shadow Palette

I just got this very recently, but it has wormed it's way into my daily make-up routine.  I love how it comes in a thin, tin package with a mirror so it's very easy to bring around. The shades are also really easy to work with even with just my fingers. (The brush is just there for blending purposes.) The pigmentation is amazing, and it really lasts through the day even without primer. (That says a lot considering I have oily lids.) Also, it has such a yummy name! Even if I'm not a fan of Macarons.



Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow and Silky Powder Blush

This is a gift that I got from my mom and it contains three eyeshadow colors: (1) Ivory Slipper 
(2) Nude Fresco and (3) Enchanted Forest. But I only really bring this one around for the blush: Rosette. Aside from the blushes included in my travel palettes, this is the only other powder blush I have, but I am happy with it. I love the color, and though it does take some time to build up the color, it's easier for me to control how pink my cheeks end up.


Estee Lauder Artist's Eye Pencil in SoftSmudge Black 

I'm usually more of a gel or liquid liner person, but it can be a bit tedious bring around my pot of gel liner and a separate brush or waiting for liquid liner to dry. Pencil liners are easier to carry around and apply evenly especially when you're in a moving vehicle. The color isn't as intense as I want it to be, but it's okay. With primer, it doesn't smudge much,  but it's a far cry from the Bobbi Brown gel liner I usually use. But hey, it gets the job done.


1028 Visual Therapy Ultimate Oil Control Powder

1028 Visual Therapy is quickly becoming one of my favorite brands! Not only are they really affordable, but they work so great too! This one really does live up to it's name as the "ultimate oil control powder". At first, I really just used this to touch up in the middle of the day, but I've found that it also makes for a pretty good finishing powder. It also has a bit of a fragrance, but it doesn't irritate my skin at all. I don't use the puff it came with and I apply it with a generic retractable powder brush, but that's my own preference.



Too Cool For School Milky Lip Tint Pink

I'm not a huge fan of lipstick as I'm not comfortable with the way it feels on my lips, but I do appreciate giving my lips some color, and this one does the trick! It's easy to apply, and if I want a more intense shade, I just build it up. I also sometimes use this with my red one whenever I feel like I can attempt gradients lips (but I've never been successful so far).


2 comments:

  1. The macaron palette is so pretty! And I just noticed how everything is pink hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't pink such a wonderful color? :> I just finished typing up my Macaron Palette review heehee~

    ReplyDelete