Michael Kors 'Envy' Nail Lacquer

This time, I'm doing a nail polish review! 



My grandma and aunt sent this over from the USA. I honestly had no idea that Michael Kors had a beauty line – all I knew was that it was a brand for bags and fragrances, so I was pretty much surprised when this was given to me. It's a nail lacquer and lip gloss set from Michael Kors. For this post, I'll focus on the nail lacquer.


As expected from a brand like Michael Kors, the packaging looks simply luxurious, with a thick-bottomed glass bottle and metallic, gold cap. Upon closer inspection though, the cap seems to be made of rather flimsy material and feels almost like plastic.

No topcoat.

 This particular color is called "Envy", a creamy, bright magenta leaning a little bit more towards violet. Not usually my color when it comes to nail lacquer but it's really pretty *u*. It was a bit difficult to apply, as the formula is a little on the thin side. I had to be really careful not to let it pool at the tips or at the sides of my nails. During my application of the second coat, the formula became a little unwieldy and streaky (though that may just be me being a little rusty when it come to nail lacquer application). There was some bubbling that occurred but they were really tiny. Without topcoat, the lacquer was already pretty glossy.

With Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Honestly, I was expecting more from this lacquer because it's from Michael Kors, but it's not bad at all. The formula is decent enough and the color is marvellous, but I do think there are better lacquers that don't cost as much. The set retails for 48USD so I'm assuming that the lacquer costs at least half and that would amount to more than 900Php.

Final Verdict: Decent, pretty basic nail lacquer. But too expensive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment